Dab Radio

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Bigphil
My Cars: Citroen relay 2016 2.0 blue 130

Dab Radio

Post by Bigphil »

Hi all, first post for me.

Bought myself a relay 2016 for work last year, absolutely love it, although I have one ongoing issue.
When selecting which frequency am/fm/dab... I couldn’t select dab. After investigation I was told to take it to my local dealer for a software update. Phoned said dealer but they wanted the van all day to do it and charge 3 figures.

At the time I thought it wasn’t worth it, but fast forward to now and it bugs me. Found out how to update myself, which I’ve done with success but now after a channel scan, it says station unavailable. I’m baffled now, would I need a new aerial? Is my audio unit in need of replacing? Would love to have talkSPORT or another channel while delivering my parcels other than the standard FM junk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Phil
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Dab Radio

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Depends what the issue is and this will be hard for us to diagnose here to be honest.

DAB can be twitchy and signal strength and channel availability is also an issue depending on location - especially on the move. A suitable DAB aerial is required if you don't already have one.

For the Relay (this is a FIAT essentially and they use FIAT telematics units in them), there were different aerials fitted depending on options and equipment. Some have analogue aerials and others have digital aerials - so it is possible you may not have the correct one fitted and are getting poor or non-existent reception.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Bigphil
My Cars: Citroen relay 2016 2.0 blue 130

Post by Bigphil »

Thanks for your reply, I assumed my aerial above my windscreen was for dab, but a colleague told me that it’s a standard aerial, my dab antenna is actually attached to my windscreen and is connected to the unit (fiat 250 vp2) so I can assume the aerial is not working correctly or it’s the actual unit?

Signal shouldn’t be an issue as other people at work can receive dab with no issues.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If your aerial is fine then it is likely the unit or its configuration - especially if you have self-configured it to enable DAB. What though, I can't advise as I don't deal with the Fiat units. If the dealer wanted 3 figures to sort it, I expect it is more than a configuration issue, as diagnostic time is about £100 an hour, but should only take 10-15 minutes with the diagnostic tool.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc