Xsara mud flap clips/clamps

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AdieuHydropneumatic

Xsara mud flap clips/clamps

Post by AdieuHydropneumatic »

Dear All
Am finding it impossible to find replacement U clips for fixing original mud flaps on Xsara hatch. Have tried umpteen places including Screwfix, Euro Car Parts, several other motor factors in person & online, eBay etc. Citroen dealer says they are no longer available
See pics for reference, they are really rusted solid! have soaked them in WD40 for days but still won't budge!
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Cheers
Attachments
DSC_1736.JPG
DSC_1735.JPG

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Re: Xsara mud flap clips/clamps

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Try using Plus Gas. It has the sub-name of 'Dismantling Fluid' and usually it does a good job of freeing up seized threads. Dose it every day for a week or so, and then try.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

AdieuHydropneumatic wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 16:14
Dear All
Am finding it impossible to find replacement U clips for fixing original mud flaps on Xsara hatch. Have tried umpteen places including Screwfix, Euro Car Parts, several other motor factors in person & online, eBay etc. Citroen dealer says they are no longer available
See pics for reference, they are really rusted solid! have soaked them in WD40 for days but still won't budge!
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Cheers
Try these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/202035413025?c ... gJqjfD_BwE
mudguard bolts.PNG

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

I doubt those would work Marc. The grub screw needs to screw through a threaded portion of the U-clip so that it can clamp on something inside the U-fold. I think those you've linked to simply use screws and discrete nuts.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think those above do screw through using the holes in the bracket, but could be wrong as I can't see any bolts. I just assume you tighten them up until you get resistance.

I think we have the older type in the OP's post for our C3 - and I had an issue with one of them becoming loose. I think I just adjusted the position slightly, as the self tapper had eaten through the flap and there was nothing to hold it once the screw had reached the chassis.

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

Just google "mudflap fitting clamps" >images.
Lots there of the type you already have, and others.