Peugeot 306 Crankshaft Sensor location

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

King222

Peugeot 306 Crankshaft Sensor location

Post by King222 »

Hello! Apparently I need to replace my crankshaft sensor, the problem is I'm not able to find it and I can't find anything online.
The only thing I found was this video

Is that it?? That is where the cranckshaft sensor is located?? If so, how can I extract it???

My car is a Peugeot 306, 1.6, gasoline, year 2000.
Thanks!

wheeler

Re: Peugeot 306 Crankshaft Sensor location

Post by wheeler »

In that video its the part with the yellow plug, which is odd as the plug is normally black. Cant think I've seen one with a yellow plug before. Its just held on with one 10mm bolt.

King222

Post by King222 »

wheeler wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 18:07
In that video its the part with the yellow plug, which is odd as the plug is normally black. Cant think I've seen one with a yellow plug before. Its just held on with one 10mm bolt.
Ok, mine is also yellow and I got that one located, I even unplugged it for a moment just to check if that was the one but I wasn't sure.
So I have to unplug it and extract the black part, right?? Because the sensor looks like this:

So if I extract the black part, that's exactly what I'm going to find, right?? like the one in the photo.

wheeler

Post by wheeler »

It will come out together with the bracket, the one in the video is also a different type to the one in the picture above, the one in the video has an all plastic bracket. the on in the pic is a metal bracket but it is fixed on, you dont remove the metal part, the new part will come complete.

King222

Post by King222 »

wheeler wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 18:36
It will come out together with the bracket, the one in the video is also a different type to the one in the picture above, the one in the video has an all plastic bracket. the on in the pic is a metal bracket but it is fixed on, you dont remove the metal part, the new part will come complete.
Yep, you are right, I did that yesterday and was exactly how you described it. Many thanks!!!