Gyrometer / Accelerometer sensor

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LeytherAJ
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 1.6 Hdi

Gyrometer / Accelerometer sensor

Post by LeytherAJ »

Hi all, new to this group and owning a peugeot 3008, i've had a number of issues since buying the car, i've had to replace 3 injectors, and MAF sensor within the last week and now have a code U1 325 permanent incoherent data coming from a Gyrometer / Accelerometer sensor not characterised and U1 305 non coherent data from the steering wheel sensor not characterised. i'm looking to buy a Gyrometer / Accelerometer sensor but cant find where this is located, can anybody help. I want to get this done as it seems to go into a limp home mode every so often with esp light, engine light and handbrake lights all on and doesn't run great until i switch ignition off and on again then ok for a few miles. ALL HELP WILL BE MASSIVELY APPRECIATED i have been using a foxwell code reader for my codes.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Gyrometer / Accelerometer sensor

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

Can you pop your VIN up so I can check the codes against the specific system you have (it will be automatically masked from public view on post submission).

It's rarely these sensors that are the fault - but an associated electrical or wiring problem with the ESP system somewhere.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
LeytherAJ

Post by LeytherAJ »

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply VIN number is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] any help will be greatly appreciated
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Before the fault descriptors below, you should be aware that there is an after-sales campaign outstanding on your vehicle! These often get missed when a vehicle is no longer serviced by the PSA network, so are not flagged up as they are not safety recalls. From experience this will likely be faulty fuel injectors or the timing system. In either case, I strongly suggest you contact your Peugeot dealer and tell them you have been advised of an outstanding after-sales campaign. This work is usually free and covered by Peugeot / the dealer.

Back to the fault, there have been similar issues on this before, but I can't remember whether the member came back with an update - but I do recall he changed the gyrometer sensor and it had no effect, as I suspected. It is more likely to be a communications fault on the network that is preventing certain data from getting back to the ESP ECU, so obvious things first - have you had any work done recently on the car - like tyres, brakes or anything really? I've seen this happen where wiring has been disrupted to the ABS wheel sensors / connectors on the ESP ECU / near the BSI / Engine fusebox that can cause these problems, so worth checking the obvious.

Fault code U1305 Absence of communication with the steering wheel angle sensor: No signal. The time for recording the fault code is 500 milliseconds. No transmission of datastreams by the steering wheel angle sensor.

Conditions of activation of the diagnostics: Ignition switched on
Conditions of disappearance of the fault: Transmission of datastreams by the steering wheel angle sensor

Down-grade modes if fault present: The ESP operation that is current goes its term. Once it is finished, cutting of all ESP operations. The other sub-functions remain active.

Symptoms: ighting of the ABS and ESP warning lamps
Suspect areas: Steering wheel angle sensor

Fault code U1325: Absence of communication with the gyrometer-accelerometer sensor: No signal. The time for recording the fault code is 100 milliseconds. No transmission of datastreams by the gyrometer/accelerometer sensor.

Conditions of activation of the diagnostics: Ignition switched on.

Conditions of disappearance of the fault: Transmission of datastreams by the gyrometer/accelerometer sensor.

Down-grade modes if fault present: Possibility 1: The anti-lock braking system (ABS) function switches to down-grade mode; Immediate cutting of all the speed control functions (Electronic stability control (ESP); Hill start assistance function inactive; Switching of the electric parking brake to manual mode.

Possibility 2: The anti-lock braking system (ABS) function switches to down-grade mode; Immediate cutting of all the speed control functions (Electronic stability control (ESP).

Symptoms: Lighting of the ABS and ESP warning lamps
Suspect areas: CONNECTORS; Line CAN; ESP ECU

Marc
LeytherAJ

Post by LeytherAJ »

So, after checking over the obvious i found nothing wrong, the wife then decided to tell me she had broken the electric handbrake switch months ago where it pulled all the way back and she had to force it back forwards but it worked ok with an occasional glitch, i have replaced the handbrake switch and now have no problems, it must have been shorting signals through or something. Thanks for all the help
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problems - the electronic handbrakes on these are managed by the ESP ECU, of which the Gyroscopic Accelerometer is also part of the system. With so many components tying into the ESP system, any fault in one aspect can throw up codes that may not always be directly relevant.

Tell the wife confession is always good for the soul (and the wallet in some cases)!

It's extremely rare for the accelerometer sensor to fail, so thanks for the update - it is one further thing we can suggest to others in future.

Marc
LeytherAJ

Post by LeytherAJ »

Not a problem Marc, happy to help out if i can. Confession is really good for the wallet, managed to get the switch on Ebay for £16.99 delivered so a really good fix.
LeytherAJ

Post by LeytherAJ »

quick update, all good after the switch was fitted but actually think plugging the code reader in and turning ignition on too fast after connection caused some sort of short and put the code on, happened again after switch replaced then cleared codes and redid in same scenario which again threw the code up. left for 30 seconds after connection, no codes.