Oil leak from camshaft housing) and a couple of other bits)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colinsunderland
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008

Oil leak from camshaft housing) and a couple of other bits)

Post by colinsunderland »

Had the timing belt and crankshaft pully fitted today (thank you @GiveMeABreak)

Asked them if they would check out the knocking from the front end what I've been trying to track down for months, which they did as the NSF shocker, and theres play in the OSFtrack rod end that could be causing it too.

Theres also always been a bit of an oil leak since I got the car, in the video it looks like its falling out all over the place, but in reality I've never had to top the oil up between services or had any dripping on the road overnight or anything.

He says its the camshaft housing and rocker cover gasket seal, is that a big job as the quote was mind blowing

Other £714.00
Oil leak from cam shaft housing and rocket cover - Required: --/--/----

which seems rather expensive for a gasket, or is it a bigger job than it sounds? If I'm looking at the right part on ebay, they are under £20, £700 labour seems excessive, even for a main dealer!

They took a video if anyone wants to see the oil leak (at 00:50)

https://video.citnow.com//content//cin- ... output.mp4

Its a bit hard to hear due to the noisy engine. Does engine noise sound like injectors, as I suspect, to anyone else?

Thanks (yet again) for any help.

I suppose the part numbers would be helpful again if thats possible

Whatever I need for the oil leak
NSF shocker - do both need doing at same time?
OSF track rod end
Undertray for engine, that they initially quoted £500 for but has changed to £51 since I picked the car up (the shocker price has reduced drastically too)

Ordered Lexia and missed the delivery today as I was out getting the car back, which was slightly annoying :)

Thanks in advance :)
colinsunderland
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008

Re: Oil leak from camshaft housing) and a couple of other bits)

Post by colinsunderland »

Update, the dealer wanted about £2600 to do the work, took it to the garage I usually use today, £290 for everything (except undertray), but also including a strut top mount (as I think thats gone too), the injectors being cleaned and tested, and new injector seals!
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Re: Oil leak from camshaft housing) and a couple of other bits)

Post by doctle »

Only a 90% saving!
Oh buggle