Bumper off, back on, parking sensor error

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wfdTamar
Donor 2020

Bumper off, back on, parking sensor error

Post by wfdTamar »

Pulled my C5 X7 front bumper off to mount a lightbar. Unplugged the parking sensors connector without taking the battery negative off. When I reassembled I get a 'parking sensors' error when I start the car.

Is this because I unplugged them without disabling the battery first, or have a I got a dodgy connection?

Does a BSI Reset clear errors (as long as the cause is fixed), or can I only do that in Lexia?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Bumper off, back on, parking sensor error

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You don’t use Lexia to reset the BSI as such. Just follow the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure.

However that won’t sort it. The parking assistance ECU self checks each time it is used and if there is a fault it will disable the whole system.

The sensors are very sensitive, so if they have been dropped or knocked that can be enough to damage them.

You may well have upset the wiring or a sensor, so get it on Diagbox and run a diagnostic to check the fault codes as there are very specific codes for the system to identify faulty components.

wfdTamar
Donor 2020

Post by wfdTamar »

What I meant was - to clear errors, can you achieve that with a BSI Reset (nope), or do you need to do it in Diagbox (yes).

Whoops, rookie error. Kinda rule number one - if yuz unplug it, re plug it. I hadn’t plugged in the parking sensor connector. I hang my head in shame :-)

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Glad you have sorted it now.

Regarding the errors - (1) No - you can't clear the error with a BSI reset, (2) The errors on the parking assistance self-clear when the fault is gone - as you have just found.... :wink:

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Oops, that would do it! :oops:

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

We've all been there!