thats the Clutch gone on my C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

thats the Clutch gone on my C5

Post by crapday69 »

Well it looks like my wee MGB is going to cost me a bit more that originally planed. All that towing it back has finally wore the clutch on my C5. Ive just been quoted worst case £1000 plus VAT. TBH I am happy enough as ia worst case scenario involves replacing the flywheel as well. These EGS gearboxes eh lol. I remember changing a clutch was a couple of hours now in modern cars it can take a full day and a half. If it was an engine out job, id have got the timing belt done as well. Might do that myself later.

Gary.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

Re: thats the Clutch gone on my C5

Post by crapday69 »

been quoted £1000 plus VAT worst case scenario if the DM flywheel needs replacing. Thinking I am probably better getting it sorted. I think I can get the labour done for £750 with Arnold Clark (half price) then £50 for the clutch (non Citroen) but not sure how much the flywheel will cost. I might get it fixed then sell on at auction. Its done me proud with 110000 miles on the clock. TBH a new timing belt soon and it could ;ast for another good few miles so might just keep it.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: thats the Clutch gone on my C5

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Be aware that Citroen will usually use a clutch kit, including the clutch mechanism, the clutch plate and the release bearing. I don't know that you'll be getting all that for £50 for a decent one. Valeo do a kit for about £116. Bit definitely get the DMF done if you are going to keep it, as they rarely outlast a second clutch by all accounts.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc