thats the Clutch gone on my C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crapday69
Donor 2017

thats the Clutch gone on my C5

Post by crapday69 »

Well it looks like my wee MGB is going to cost me a bit more that originally planed. All that towing it back has finally wore the clutch on my C5. Ive just been quoted worst case £1000 plus VAT. TBH I am happy enough as ia worst case scenario involves replacing the flywheel as well. These EGS gearboxes eh lol. I remember changing a clutch was a couple of hours now in modern cars it can take a full day and a half. If it was an engine out job, id have got the timing belt done as well. Might do that myself later.

Gary.

crapday69
Donor 2017

Re: thats the Clutch gone on my C5

Post by crapday69 »

been quoted £1000 plus VAT worst case scenario if the DM flywheel needs replacing. Thinking I am probably better getting it sorted. I think I can get the labour done for £750 with Arnold Clark (half price) then £50 for the clutch (non Citroen) but not sure how much the flywheel will cost. I might get it fixed then sell on at auction. Its done me proud with 110000 miles on the clock. TBH a new timing belt soon and it could ;ast for another good few miles so might just keep it.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: thats the Clutch gone on my C5

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Be aware that Citroen will usually use a clutch kit, including the clutch mechanism, the clutch plate and the release bearing. I don't know that you'll be getting all that for £50 for a decent one. Valeo do a kit for about £116. Bit definitely get the DMF done if you are going to keep it, as they rarely outlast a second clutch by all accounts.