RT6 Now a Glorified Radio

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

shawnasl
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 (2014)

RT6 Now a Glorified Radio

Post by shawnasl »

Hi Everyone! I need some advice. I own a Peugeot 3009 1.6 ETG (2014). My RT6 had decided to die on me end of last year. I took the car to the official dealer here in Singapore and was told it would cost me close to US$2,000 to get a new one installed.

I decided to get a used unit from eBay from europe at Euro500. When i received the replacement RT6 Unit i took it to the official dealer who charged me US$115 to install the new unit without the Navigation (Maps) installed as they said that was a different cost (which i opted not to do as i can use my own phone for gps).

After the installation some key items were not reflected in the system:
1. Reverse camera didnt work (which they said may be due to wiring issues, but it was working just fine before the system died on me)
2, Fuel gauge
3. Low fuel prompt and any other prompts

It was also found that the RT6 unit was perviously in a citroen as the logo appears upon start up.

My question is, if the part is the same part, wouldn't the official dealer be able to reset it and load it will all the relevant softwares instead of just brushing it off by saying it was in a Citroen before and didnt use these functions.

Does anyone know what i can do? It seems ridiculous that a hardware cant be reset like a computer and loaded up with the original software.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 07 Jul 2020, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the RT6 Telematics Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RT6 Now a Glorified Radio

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok so just to clarify some things:

1) There are several HARDWARE versions of the RT6. These are physically different internally and were fitted to different models depending on equipment (like reversing camera). So you may have not bought a compatible unit.
2) Second, the ECU from the second hand RT6 will have been programmed for the options fitted to the vehicle it came from (Citroen in this case) and there are significant differences between how the data is displayed between Citroen and Peugeot vehicles. A few examples: Some Peugeot vehicles have a retractable display screen, where Citroen's do not; some data displays are routed to a separate screen on a Citroen, where they may not be on the Peugeot - but you get the picture).
3) Firmware versions. Your old unit and the new unit may have different firmware versions.
4) If the newer RT6 unit has firmware version 2.86 or higher, it will be a major firmware revision and as, such resets many of the RT6 settings to default values. This often requires a dealer to unlock the ECU (as it can also remain in locked mode after V2.86 is applied), and to telecode the ECU in order to get the correct functions back based on your Car's options. There is also a calibration file that needs to be applied on version 2.86 concerning a Bluetooth echo on phone calls.

There may be a way to do this yourself if you have experience of using Mirascripts, but that carries a warning as it can change other settings if you are not careful that can affect other operations and is not something we can go into here.

But essentially, this will be the reason. Your dealer technicians may not have a lot of experience with telecoding the RT6 - but especially so because it is a second hand unit and has come from another vehicle. But they really only need to download the latest firmware to the unit and then use a dealer-level Diagbox diagnostic tool which they already have to download and configure the ECU (a technician's code and password will be needed to unlock the unit to allow it to be con figured correctly according to your vehicle's VIN).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I should also mention that if you have a much earlier version of the RT6 that you bought as a replacement, then some functions may not work like the reversing camera.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
lorddevereux
My Cars: 2010 C5 V6 HDi Tourer
2006 307SW HDi 136
1992 205 GRDT

Post by lorddevereux »

If coded by a genuine dealer diagnostic tool, they should supply the VIN of the vehicle and it will auto-set the majority of relevant settings for the vehicle.

The exception is perhaps the video camera, as Marc says earlier versions of the hardware did not support that.