Xantia Heater

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2020

Xantia Heater

Unread post by froggy »

Hi, my S1 Xantia. When I turn the key on, with dashboard lights on , only. The heater starts up. But as soon as I start the car ……...the heater won"t start. very odd. any help gratefully received, thanks in advance Terry.

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Xantia Heater

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

The interior fan motor is run through a separate set of contacts in the ignition switch, and these are well known for failing. Citroen added an extra relay for the S2.

Search this forum for Xantia blower relay to learn more.

froggy
Donor 2020

Unread post by froggy »

Cheers. :)

Huskyxantia
Donor

Unread post by Huskyxantia »

Same issue when I had a mk1 , my ignition barrel was also worn , think eBay was where i purchased a new one , fitted it and all was OK.

And I think it was my mk1 I took the controls out for the heater and found I hope and I think it was this car , theres little brass contacts on the speed slider which bend up and open the gap a bit wider which then effects the speed of the heater , I bent them downwards with very small long nose pinchers and all speeds then worked, but as I said when I replaced my ignition switch my heater issue was sorted along with the repair to make all speeds work, relays are sometimes as I found not always the thing on an old car that was my experience I had , good luck

white exec
Moderating Team

Unread post by white exec »

The heater blower motors can pull up to 20-25amp at full speed, so really ought to be fed via a relay, and not left to the IGN switch to deal with.