Renault Clio Window Mech

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kawasemi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Renault Clio Alize
Citroen C1 Vibe
Wishlist - 1960 2CV AZ,
1960 HY Van (because Opa had one)

Renault Clio Window Mech

Post by kawasemi »

Evening folks.

This is my first call for (newbie) help please.

My good lady wife drives a Y reg Renault Clio (2 door Alize). The electric window mech in the passenger door is shot. Our garage had a look yesterday and it really needs a new one.

Just signed up as a donor if a part number is available. I'll sort the VIN if needed.

I'm going to try the local breakers but are there any tried and tested online parts sellers? Inside courtesy light also has a mind of it's own when it switches on and off irrespective of the position it is in. Advice appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

K
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Renault Clio Window Mech

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

kawasemi wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 22:40 Evening folks.

This is my first call for (newbie) help please.

My good lady wife drives a Y reg Renault Clio (2 door Alize). The electric window mech in the passenger door is shot. Our garage had a look yesterday and it really needs a new one.

Just signed up as a donor if a part number is available. I'll sort the VIN if needed.

I'm going to try the local breakers but are there any tried and tested online parts sellers? Inside courtesy light also has a mind of it's own when it switches on and off irrespective of the position it is in. Advice appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

K
Apologies no-one has been along to assist. I have a couple of clios in my "maintenance fleet". The Renault side of the forum in general is a bit of a desert, while for Citroen and Peugeot a vast amount of info is available and accessible to the forum.

I think the local breakers is your best route to keep your Clio going.

Youtube could help in investigating and repair/replacement. Plenty vids to find on the Clio it is after all one of the World's best selling cars in its various incarnations.

If you can add to the knowledge we have here it would be useful for others.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey