C4 picasso VTR+ MPC Gearbox Fluid top up Help Im going crazy

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CarldanUK

C4 picasso VTR+ MPC Gearbox Fluid top up Help Im going crazy

Unread post by CarldanUK »

Hi all
can you help me
Ive spent hours now trying to get an answer about topping up the resovior on the MPC gearbox actuator but cant find any were which says where it is.

I can see what looks like a Nylon type nut on top of the housing where the black pipe goes is this the top up point.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Re: C4 picasso VTR+ MPC Gearbox Fluid top up Help Im going crazy

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. While I CANNOT be certain, it is likely that the 'nylon nut' is actually the breather hole for the gearbox. I have, on previous vehicles, used that to top up the fluid, but only on level ground and with the real 'top-up' bolt undone, to let any excess fluid escape (into a drip tray below it). However, I would wait until somebody with a LOT more knowledge than I answers this thread,

CarldanUK

Unread post by CarldanUK »

Thanks for you reply

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

CarldanUK wrote:
26 May 2020, 16:26
Hi all
can you help me
Ive spent hours now trying to get an answer about topping up the resovior on the MPC gearbox actuator but cant find any were which says where it is.

I can see what looks like a Nylon type nut on top of the housing where the black pipe goes is this the top up point.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.
See my post here with a picture, and read the post as you can't just top this up! The level needs to be checked once the system has been depressurised.

viewtopic.php?p=643833#p643833