Citroën C5 Exclusive Auto Diesel 2.2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Charlesalmond
My Cars: Citroën C4 ( auto,diesel 2009).Present Car 42,000.
C5 Mk 3 auto diesel with Hydractive 3

Citroën C5 Exclusive Auto Diesel 2.2

Post by Charlesalmond »

• A
I am interested in one of these cars first registered Oct 2013.Date of manufacture Oct 2013.
To see the car would involve a long journey and although the dealer is very pleasant is not versed with important ( to be) details.
Could someone tell me the following.
Is this the latest face-lift model?
What type of wheels are they?
The dealer is sure it doesn't have front sensors,yet it does have xenon lights as per the 2013 spec.
My main concern is this model with a 2.2 diesel auto engine is not mentioned in the brochure.
Hopefully the pictures will help.
Some reviews I have read say t
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
he better ride is obtained with the smaller wheels with the Hydractive 3 suspension, yet the smaller wheels are only on the lower spec models!
Attachments
DSC_0023.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroën C5 Exclusive Auto Diesel 2.2

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

Yes, this is the MK III or designated C5 X7 and is the latest and last C5 (excluding the new C5 Crossback).
The wheels are Alloys and exact size, 16, 17, 18 or 19" versions will depend on model and options. As for the driving experience, the lower the profile (larger sized wheels) the more noisier / rougher the ride is - generally speaking from others here who have said the same. I have 17" and they are fine.
Xenon directional lighting was an optional extra - part of the visibility pack - so is not standard equipment.
Parking assistance has several options - rear only or front and rear with parking space gap measurement - again option pack equipment.

The 2.2 was discontinued from at least 2014 on, as were the 2.7 and 3.0 engined models, with PSA keeping the 1.6 and 2.0 engines in the UK at least.

If this is the exact vehicle you are getting in the picture, then yes, it does have front and rear parking assistance. The second and last pictures show the side parking gap measurement sensor on the front wing, as I have arrowed on your picture below:
X7 parking sensor.png
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Charlesalmond
My Cars: Citroën C4 ( auto,diesel 2009).Present Car 42,000.
C5 Mk 3 auto diesel with Hydractive 3

Post by Charlesalmond »

Thank you for your advice.
I will try and find out what the wheel size is.
I looked at the type of wheel in the brochure but did not see it!
It is interesting that you say that the 2.2 was discontinued in late 2012,yet this car the registration is Oct 2013.
As this car was discontinued does it mean there were issues or is the 2.0 a better choice?
As it is the latest version then xenons were standard according to the brochure.
Is there any points to look out for? The car has a full leather interior and is one owner and 43000 miles.Asking price £8500
hattershaun
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C6 3.0HDi Exclusive
SM 3.0 manual 1972
DS 23 Pallas 1975
GSA Pallas C-Matic 1982
C3 Pluriel 2009

Post by hattershaun »

The car you are looking at has the 2.2HDi engine with 200hp and was only available with auto gearbox.
Produced from 2012 to 2014 as the most powerful engine in the C5 range. It replaced the 3.0HDi and was followed by the 2.0 BlueHDi 180 auto engine.
Only offered in Exclusive specification & always with the Techno Pack (which was optional on other engined versions). Techno Pack gave it the 18” Atlantic wheels shown in your picture, Sat Nav, reversing camera & front parking sensors with Parking Assistance system, twin chromed exhaust pipes.
Xenons and full leather were factory cost options. This car also has the optional upgraded Hifi system (chrome trims in front door speakers are the telltale sign).

This car is the last facelifted version of C5 produced, with the bigger/softer chrome chevrons on the bonnet & the daytime running light in a thin strip at the bottom edge of the headlight.
Different brochures were produced for C5 as revisions to the range were made. I can email you a PDF copy of the 2012, brochure, just send me a private message with your email adresss.

I have had a 2014 Tourer with this engine for 4 years now and find it a lovely smooth quiet & powerful engine.
Suspension/ride quality is just fine on the 18” wheels, wonderful for long distance cruising. I’ve driven other C5 on 17” & 19” wheels and there is a tiny difference (bigger wheels give slightly stiffer ride quality) particularly around bumpy town roads, but not enough difference to worry me.
Shaun

C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive - 2010
SM 3.0 - 1972
DS 23 Pallas - 1975
GSA Pallas C-Matic - 1982
C3 Pluriel - 2009