A bit of good news Maybe!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

A bit of good news Maybe!

Post by Gibbo2286 »

According to the Financial Times, Nissan is in talks with Renault to shift production of two of the French carmaker's models from Spain to Sunderland.
It reports that the Japanese and French manufacturers are discussing the move as part of a global overhaul of operations to be announced this month.
The paper says the move would signal the Japanese carmaker's long-term commitment to the UK's largest car plant.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Re: A bit of good news Maybe!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 15 May 2020, 09:22 According to the Financial Times, Nissan is in talks with Renault to shift production of two of the French carmaker's models from Spain to Sunderland.
It reports that the Japanese and French manufacturers are discussing the move as part of a global overhaul of operations to be announced this month.
The paper says the move would signal the Japanese carmaker's long-term commitment to the UK's largest car plant.
Well they had a seemingly ludricrous arrangement for the E-NV200 van Gibbo which was "made in Spain" but got the Battery Packs from Sunderland. Would please me if they shifted that production to Sunderland.

Over the last few months the "Car news global and domestic" understandably has been overtaken by other matters. If the car industry and transport in general was preparing for a bit of disruption from moving to electric vehicles and the move away from ownership to autonomous vehicles/ride sharing/ etc. the disruption from the current crisis is likely to be much greater. In the current circumstances Public Transport is persona non grata. The bicycle and home working is the new king and maybe Citroen will be able to sell a few more Ami One's :-D I'd rather be in an Ami One than sit on a tube!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey