2016 C4 Picasso Abs, esp, parking brake and tyre inflation monitor faults showing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alan112

2016 C4 Picasso Abs, esp, parking brake and tyre inflation monitor faults showing

Post by Alan112 »

Hi,
I have a C4 Picasso 2016 vtr. Yesterday the car threw up faults in abs, esp tyre inflation monitor, hill start assist and parking brake. These all appearing at one time would suggest a common cause but what that cause is , I haven't a clue. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2016 C4 Picasso Abs, esp, parking brake and tyre inflation monitor faults showing

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Actually it's all related to the same system.

The ESP ECU controls the ESP functions, the ABS, the Electronic Handbrake and subsequently, the Hill Start Assist Function. Additionally, as you have a later C4 Picasso, you will have the indirect inflation detection system. This doesn't have sensors on the wheels, but uses the Wheel speed sensors to determine changes in the diameter / physical behaviour of the tyres. So you can see that if you have a problem with a component of the ESP system, it will have a knock-on effect on these systems.

Also, if you have made a repair or changes to the wheels / tyres, check the pressures are correct and then reinitialise the under inflation detection system from your multifunction display screen menu.

So I would be looking for anything that has possibly upset a wheel sensor to start with (any wheel / brake maintenance lately?).

Alan112

Re: 2016 C4 Picasso Abs, esp, parking brake and tyre inflation monitor faults showing

Post by Alan112 »

Hi,
I had the rear tyres changed a couple of months ago but haven't done anything else with it since then. The car hasn't been driven too much during the lockdown but at least I have a starting place now. Thank you
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 03 May 2020, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Quote (not needed for immediate previous post)

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It just might be that the vehicle has been standing for a while with the lockdown. When you're able, check tyre pressures again, top up and reinitialise and take it for a spin to see if the warning goes away when you can.

Alan112

Post by Alan112 »

Will do. Again, thank you