Door doesn't open with touching the handle any more

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lynnzer

Door doesn't open with touching the handle any more

Post by Lynnzer »

As it says.
The auto unlock when you touch the door handle seems to be non functional now. I can still click the key button to unlock but can't open the door with the keys in my pocket any more.
Any idea?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Door doesn't open with touching the handle any more

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You know it might help a bit if you provided some basic information - considering you haven't even filled your profile in. We haven't got a clue what car you are on about, what model, what year.... Mystic Meg is self-isolating.

Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

Sorry, it's a 2012 DS5 auto

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so can you confirm the following, as it may will help identify the possible cause:

Attempt the unlocking by touching the handle area on each door in turn (after the vehicle is re-locked). So I need to know whether it is just the driver door that is not unlocking or whether it is happening on all the other doors including the rear doors.

Secondly repeat the above tests, but on the 'Locking function' when pressing the button area on the door handle. So you would need to unlock the car by whatever means you can then attempt to lock the car / individual door by pressing the lock sensor on each handle.

This will help to determine if the issue is with one particular sensor or is more of a system issue.

Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

Nothing Marc. Not a door handle that recognises either open or close.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so there are multiple reasons for this - which can go back to the BSI or the electrical harness between the BSI and the door lock or the door lock itself. In this case I can't see it being the door lock as all are exhibiting the same behaviour.

So first off, I would try resetting the ECUs using the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure. This will reset the ECUs. There are relevant parts relating to the hands free access element of some vehicles, so just follow the particular sections and resume the general procedure for the rest. Make sure you follow the timings and critically keep the doors shut as indicated, as we want all the networks to go to sleep.