Car Reviews - Interesting website

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

Car Reviews - Interesting website

Post by ScottFromNZ »

Hi All. Have a look at www.carsurvey.org
It has lots of car reviews including heaps of interesting Citroen owners reviews.
Cheers
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

yeah, that's a good one, probably the best!
There's also http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing
and http://www.preloved.co.uk/index.cfm?fus ... s=aaae432b
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Just had a look at the reviews for the Xantia 1994, it's true what is said about the rear view mirror, takes up too much of the windscreen, never noticed it before now!!!!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You can also try www.peachorlemon.co.uk or www.prelovedclassics.co.uk
Both really good for review written by people who own and drive the car you interested in. The Citroen ZX gets great reviews from all bar 2 or 3 on both sites. Have a look.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Nice to see all those happy C3 & C5 owners commenting again!
[}:)]
Come to look at it, the Picasso isn't doing too well either! [V]
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Interesting reading on the Xantias - it would seem you either get a good one or a heap, nothing in between. Now, is this due to maintenance or original build quality (days of the week, different factories and their suppliers/staff). Any thoughts?
I have a Monday Xantia. Should I have brought a ZX? What a worry...
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The complaints about the ZX seem to be concerning the petrol engined cars, the 1.9D seems to have a virtually faultless record. :-) and faults on the 1.9TD are rare.
Personaly I have now got used to my 1.9D auto not having much by way of acceleration, (at first I used to hit the accelerater and sit there thinking 'today would be nice') [:I].. but its about the only car I would jump into and set off on a 5,000 mile journey without worrying if the car will get me there.. I can't think of a greater compliment to any car.. [:)]
The trick with the automatic 1.9D is to use the gears manually if you need it to respond quickly, that way its comparable to most 1500cc petrol engines, but left to its own devices the auto box tends to change up a bit too early (about 2-2200 revs) and the car cant produce any power at low revs, so it takes forever to do 0 to 60.. Manually changing gears also solves the problem you get on long uphills, if the car has less than 3000 revs it cant accelerate well uphill, change down and off it goes up the hill like a good un. [^]
Using 2nd and 3rd gears along the windy helter skelter country lanes in the West country can be a lot of fun even in the diesel auto ZX, [;)] I think its a brill lil car.. [:D] And when you get in, and drive one, it is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside. [^]
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

The complaints about the ZX seem to be concerning the petrol engined cars, the 1.9D seems to have a virtually faultless record. :-) and faults on the 1.9TD are rare.
Personaly I have now got used to my 1.9D auto not having much by way of acceleration, (at first I used to hit the accelerater and sit there thinking 'today would be nice') [:I].. but its about the only car I would jump into and set off on a 5,000 mile journey without worrying if the car will get me there.. I can't think of a greater compliment to any car.. [:)]
The trick with the automatic 1.9D is to use the gears manually if you need it to respond quickly, that way its comparable to most 1500cc petrol engines, but left to its own devices the auto box tends to change up a bit too early (about 2-2200 revs) and the car cant produce any power at low revs, so it takes forever to do 0 to 60.. Manually changing gears also solves the problem you get on long uphills, if the car has less than 3000 revs it cant accelerate well uphill, change down and off it goes up the hill like a good un. [^]
Using 2nd and 3rd gears along the windy helter skelter country lanes in the West country can be a lot of fun even in the diesel auto ZX, [;)] I think its a brill lil car.. [:D] And when you get in, and drive one, it is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside. [^]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
erm, why didn't you buy a manual to start with then? [;)]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Lol.. I wish? I would have liked a Volcane TD [:p] Its coz I have had both hips replaced and now have only limited movement in them, aparently a lot of dislocations are caused through driving cars with long pedal travel? taking the joint beyond 90 degrees is a very risky thing to do for the first 3-4 years. [:I] heh heh.. So I was delighted to find a nice diesel auto. [:D] [^]