Relays: The Mother Lode (Plus: The Purple Mother)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulxmski
My Cars:

Relays: The Mother Lode (Plus: The Purple Mother)

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi,
Glad to get your attention. Yes it's those `Mothers' that live in the plastic basket in front of the ECU in this spasmodic xmv6car that I want to know about. Somethings tripping out in the engine bay and I think it's most likely that Purple Mother - I think it's on Vallium and doesn't want to go for a ride just wants to sit around tripping all day anyone know?
I see in the Russek electrical diagram there are: OX relay. Injector Relay, fuelpump relay and +++ relay but no indication where they actually live in car. It might be a good idea to go over an engine bay with a digital camera and number the components then list what they are. Especially for the V6 since Haynes don't describe this engine in the XM manual.
Found a typical problem with Russek when describing the V6 in the diagram it discusses it in the context of the left and right hand bank of cylinders, when they are actually the front and rear bank of cylinders. They haven't bothered to translate the engine description into its transverse arrangement in the XM.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

There was a bank of relays inside the car behind the glove box in my old XM V6. I left them alone as they were working.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi arry_b,
Yes I looked under/behind there once or twice quite a fandango of wires, relays and connectors. I wouldn't fancy messing about with that lot. I need some good labelled photos maybe have to do this with an experienced V6XM'er on the forum, although judging by the replys nobody really knows? %-(