2007 Citroen C4 1.6 HDI EGR wiring diagram

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Markta
My Cars: Citroen C4 1.6 HDI VTR+ 2007

2007 Citroen C4 1.6 HDI EGR wiring diagram

Post by Markta »

Evening all.

Thought I would investigate hesitancy / flat spot when accelerating and according to Lexia, I have the dreaded P0409, 0490 and 1359 codes plus intermittent ABS/ESP MIL .

Wondering if someone could kindly send me over the wiring diagram please for EGR Citroen C4 1.6 HDI DV6 TED engine (2007).

Can PM over the VIN to a mod if needed.

Thanks.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: 2007 Citroen C4 1.6 HDI EGR wiring diagram

Post by myglaren »

Post the VIN here, only staff can see it.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you have the RP number (found on the bottom of the tyre pressure label at e), The type of gearbox fitted (manual, auto or EGS) & if you have ESP or not the wiring diagram can be found from that too.
Attachments
InkedRP label_LI.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Fault codes based on a DV6TED4 110:

(No such code listed for 1359 incidentally)

P0490: Position indicator signal of the EGR valve: Positive loop gap. Positive difference of 30% between the exhaust gas recirculation valve position reference value and the position measured (For 10 seconds).

Downgrade Modes: Inhibiting of the diagnostics and air flow sensor plausibility
Change to "easy move" torque invalid (Deactivation of automatic mode for the electronic parking brake)

Symptoms: Noise, Smoke from the exhaust, Diesel fuel consumption a bit higher, Lack of power.

Suspect Areas: Electrical harness, Connector, Exhaust gas recycling valve, Clogged particle filter.

P0409: Electric EGR valve position copy signal: Valve sticking during the initialisation. Valve sticking for 8 seconds during the initialisation of the powerlatch (between switch off using the key and the ECU going to sleep).

Symptoms:Jerking/stalling, Smoke from the exhaust, Lack of power, Starting problem.

Suspect Areas:Electrical harness, Connector, Exhaust gas recycling valve, Engine ECU, Fouling.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Markta

Post by Markta »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 10:23 Fault codes based on a DV6TED4 110:

(No such code listed for 1359 incidentally)

P0490: Position indicator signal of the EGR valve: Positive loop gap. Positive difference of 30% between the exhaust gas recirculation valve position reference value and the position measured (For 10 seconds).

Downgrade Modes: Inhibiting of the diagnostics and air flow sensor plausibility
Change to "easy move" torque invalid (Deactivation of automatic mode for the electronic parking brake)

Symptoms: Noise, Smoke from the exhaust, Diesel fuel consumption a bit higher, Lack of power.

Suspect Areas: Electrical harness, Connector, Exhaust gas recycling valve, Clogged particle filter.

P0409: Electric EGR valve position copy signal: Valve sticking during the initialisation. Valve sticking for 8 seconds during the initialisation of the powerlatch (between switch off using the key and the ECU going to sleep).

Symptoms:Jerking/stalling, Smoke from the exhaust, Lack of power, Starting problem.

Suspect Areas:Electrical harness, Connector, Exhaust gas recycling valve, Engine ECU, Fouling.
Thanks for this. Probably a problem with open or short in the wiring loom so will investigate and perhaps do actuator test on the valve with Lexia and multimeter probe on the loom.

VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] RPO 11033 and the other code is 1459 not as put , 1359.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

P1459: Position indicator signal of the EGR valve: Valve jammed open while driving. This means the EGR valve is jammed shut while driving for 5 seconds - Cleaning forced by the engine ECU.

Downgrade Modes whilst active: Inhibiting of the diagnostics and air flow sensor plausibility.
Cutting of all the EGR valve actuators, (Turbocharger air cooler); EGR valve; Bypass valve (Intake air heater) in all operating modes.
Cutting of the "exhaust heat recovery" function.
Change to "easy move" torque invalid (Deactivation of the automatic mode of the electrically controlled parking brake).

Suspect Areas: Electrical harness, Connections, EGR valve (Jammed closed), Engine ECU ( software).

1297 is your EGR

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Markta

Post by Markta »

Thanks both.

I suspect it’s a broken wire somewhere so will do a continuity test etc at the multiplug.