Brand New BX?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Brand New BX?

Post by vanny »

Just been ordering some parts direct from Cit (and yes its 11pm GMT!) and, while looking for body parts, that you can buy a brand new body complete! Whats more its only £2277.57! Wonder what it would cost to build a whole new BX?
If anyone wants a laugh, the part number is 95618709!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

In lieu of the age of the BX - this is sort of funny of course [:)]
- but even in UK - would'nt you have to pay import tax on top of the price mentioned ?
In DK it's practically impossible to do this as a private person - because of customs & tax.
In DK it would be much cheaper to import a mint chassis s/h car, pay the tax, and then replace any drivepack/suspension bits needed - provided the car ends up as exactly the same model (no hi-end luxury equipment fitted - like bigger engine, autobox, leather interior etc.).
On the other hand - you never get a rebate/payback - if you "down" grade the car - i.e smaller engine, cloth for leather etc. etc.
Wonder if a CX or even a DS chassis is still available from Citroen ?
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Probably a hangover from the time when insurance companies might specify a complete BX bodyshell swap as a way of repairing an accident-damaged car. I was reading something about this recently (written circa 1992): it suggested that if complete bodyshells were available in the UK then this would result in a lower insurance rating for a car. Does this mean that Citroen UK or some repairers are still holding stocks?
Of course, I gather it is possible to build a "new" 2CV from newly-manufactured parts nowadays, so perhaps there's life in the concept still. If there are any shells in the UK, I'm sure some members of this forum might be interested in obtaining one - at a reduced rate to take them off Citroen's hands.....
And - yes, I know it's a ridiculous time right now but I've just spent a considerable length of time trying to track down a potential browser hijacker on someone else's PC.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

The only part of a 2CV that you cannot get new is the bodyshell.
Pity the BX bodyshell does not rust seriously! Now if we could buy a GSA bodyshell......[:p][:p]