RT6 firmware

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: RichardW

patmacau

RT6 firmware

Post by patmacau »

Hey all, the micro Sdcard in my 2012 508 has got some bad sectors after my local dealership performed a map update. The result is a unit that reboots every 5 mins.

I've been quoted upwards of $1,100 to fix it so am looking at other options. I've been able to take an image of the card and restore it to another sdcard, and I'm just about up and running except for a few files that couldn't be recovered. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a copy of v2.75 firmware that I can use to restore a few files? The exact version on the unit is 2.75.d.2, but anything close would be worth a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT6 firmware

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi (Pat?)

I can help you out with the firmware files - but a couple of words of caution.

Stick to the version you have -don't upgrade to 2.86 or you will loose configuration options of your vehicle. This will require a dealer visit to get the unit out of secure mode and require a download and configuration to restore parking assistance / any cameras and general functionality.

Also, be aware that the firmware on a USB can be inserted into the USB socket and when started up the RT6 will be able to upgrade from the firmware and restore missing files. Try this if you find your original copying method is not working.

After checking, I have version 2.77. So in this instance - I would not suggest copying specific files, but allowing it to do the complete upgrade, which should recreate any partitions and restore missing files.

I'll send you a Private Message with the info shortly.

patmacau

Post by patmacau »

Fantastic. Thanks so much Marc.
Cheers, Patrick

Dami

Re: Anyone have access to rneg firmware update? peugeot 3008 2012 executive

Post by Dami »

Hi guys,

I don't think the firmware in my car has ever been updated 😁
Can you help me to update it to the newest version?

The SW version is RNEG2.86.B.1

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You already have the latest Firmware! This was and is likely to be the last version they release for the RT6 which has long since been replaced now.