306 Electric Window button - A qiuckie

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrtimh
My Cars:

306 Electric Window button - A qiuckie

Post by mrtimh »

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help?
My 306 has electric windows, if i was to change my drivers window button with a one-touch button. Would it work? (Both buttons look identical, the one i have seen just has AUTO written on it - is it just wording or has it got the power to enable my car with one touch driver window.) The are the small like a rectangle with round corner and small white arrows in either direction..
They are for a MK1 (i think mine is a MK 1 anyway) 306 1997 P 8v 1.6XS
If not, its not a big deal. I was just interested and thought it might work.
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

The one-touch switches have two 'positions' on them. Normal rocker action is the first stop, pressing slightly harder to the second stop engages the one-touch. I've not dismantled my drivers door (fortunately) but I believe that there is also some sort of electronic 'brain' that controls the one-touch mechanism, so you would need this as well as the switch. There may also be additional sensors on the window itself.
I did see one of the control boxes on eBay a few months ago, but I've not seen any of late. If you're that fussed, I think your best bet is to find an XT in a scrappie and thoroughly pillage it for all its lovely gadgetry goodness :-)
mrtimh
My Cars:

Post by mrtimh »

Thanks Alex,
It was just the auto switch button that i saw on ebay and thought i would be cunning. Thanks you just saves me a saturday of sitting in my car fiddling with the windows.
Im new tonight and think this forum is great. Kind regards. Have a good evening.