C4 VTS - Problem with the front seat backrest handle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lancia58

C4 VTS - Problem with the front seat backrest handle

Post by lancia58 »

Hi

I stripped the left seat ( its a LHD ) tp replace the cushion and backrest. Now I have a problem. The handle ( circled in black ) of the backrest( circled in Magenta ) position is not function well. There are only two positions for the backrest - the one that enables a passenger to enter to the rear seat ( the backrest is folded frontwards as much as possible ) and the back most position at which the seat is almost 180 degree ( backrest and cushion almost flat ) . In all other positions of the backrest it will not keep its position. I didn't detach any cable - just removed the cushion and back rest and the handle. I guess something should be stretched before attaching the handle .The seat in the picture is the right seat , it is just to explain what I mean. Any help is welcome.

Thanks

lancia58

Re: C4 VTS - Problem with the front seat backrest handle

Post by lancia58 »

Hi

It was resolved by pushing the backrest all the way backwards. If someone is going to strip a seat after removing the backrest angle adjustment handle the angle of the backrest should not be changed.

Thanks
Zohar

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Re: C4 VTS - Problem with the front seat backrest handle

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well done for resolving the issue, and thanks for posting that information up here.