Xantia Towbar Electrics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

big_weegie
My Cars:

Xantia Towbar Electrics

Post by big_weegie »

Hi
looking for advice on getting a live feed from the battery to the rear of the car for the 12s socket , cant see any way to get a wire through the bulkhead also fog light wire for the 12n socket, there is a connector behind the offside rear boot lining with grey wires is this the correct connection point????
any advice would be appreaciated
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You should find all necessary connections at the RHS lamp cluster. Even a ready made cable with a connector is available for a trailer outlet.
Under no circumstance you should try hook up a 12V battery live - without a protective fuse in the circuit. This fuse MUST be located as close as possible to the battery feed point.
This is to prevent fire hazards in the event this live wire gets shortcircuited - either on it's run in-car or by remote circuits thru the outlet.
Not only does a missing fuse means a fire hazard - it would also void any insurance - once the car (wreck) has been investigated.
thomas
My Cars:

Post by thomas »

I used Citroen dealer supplied kit for my Xantia hdi estate 12n kit connects to rear lamp wiring at connectors to lamps without scotchlocks or cutting wiring. 12s system includes an heavy duty 3 core cable that is fed to engine compartment under car under the protective covers for suspension/brake pipes with in line connectors to be fitted as close to connections to battery/relay as possable. Charging and fridge connections must be relay controlled so as not to be connected until vehicle engine is running.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

yep,easiest way is under the car using the pipe clips to hold the cable.
big_weegie
My Cars:

Post by big_weegie »

Thanks very much for the info, under the car definately seems the best option
great forum, keep up the good work
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

The connector you found near the RHS light cluster with grey wires is numbered C3100 (up to 1998) and C310 (after 1998) in haynes wiring diagrams.
Pin 1 & 3 are foglights with the green wire linking them, cut this link if using a caravan foglight cutout switch.
Pin 2 is permanent 12V via fuse F7 (20A).
Pin 4 is reversing lights.
DomF9
My Cars:

Post by DomF9 »

<<You should find all necessary connections at the RHS lamp cluster. Even a ready made cable with a connector is available for a trailer outlet.>>
Would this be the same for a ZX, preferably a 1.9 D Reflex?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Might / not - be the same. I doubt it's the same.
But may be available for a ZX also. As your ZX is an earlier specie, it may not have the same amounts of utility connections at rear lamp cluster.
Czeck out this site :
http://citroeny.cz/servis/zxser/elektro/elektro.html