Nemo Van keeps flattening battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

raiderz

Nemo Van keeps flattening battery

Post by raiderz »

Hi I have a 2016 Nemo Enterprise van, if it has been parked up for more than a couple of days the battery ends up flat, I have done a drain test and it is pulling 0.34A when turned off and left for 30 mins, which is far too high. I have been pulling fuses and when F36 is removed which is "Audio system - mobile telephone pre-equipment - air conditioning control panel - EODB diagnostic socket", the current drops to 0.03.

The only thing I can think of is since new year the mileage on the dash has been flashing and the bluetooth hasn't been working, I took it to a mechanic who spent an hour trying to sort it, but he advised I take it to main dealer for them to reset something with their laptop.

Could the bluetooth module be faulty and will still be drawing?

Many thanks
Last edited by raiderz on 30 Mar 2020, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

white exec
Moderating Team

Re: Nemo Van keeps flattening battery

Post by white exec »

Yes, that 340mA drain current is far too high, and enough to make starting difficult after a few days.
A better figure would be ∼30mA.
Hopefully, someone here will be able to help.

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Post by Gibbo2286 »

wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Im not familiar with the nemo radio but is there a factory reset option in the menu?
I had to do this recently with a brand new transit that stopped recognising USB sticks & wouldn’t pair Bluetooth. Used the reset function in The radio menu & it has solved the issue.
Have you disconnected the radio unit to confirm its the radio causing the drain?

raiderz

Post by raiderz »

wheeler wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 18:48
Have you disconnected the radio unit to confirm its the radio causing the drain?
There is a problem with the Bluetooth module, I found it under the drivers seat, there's a blue plug on the top, I disconnected it and the current drain has gone right down by about 220mA, it has never worked since new year, the mileage keeps flashing, my mechanic said it was something about BSI reset or something like that, he said he couldn't do it and needs to be done by Citroen dealer.

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

340 less 220 is still 120mA — is that what remains? Still rather high, I would think.
Anything else you could disconnect?