BSI Reset/Battery Disconnect/Reconnection

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

walbeck

BSI Reset/Battery Disconnect/Reconnection

Post by walbeck »

Hi Marc just come across your instructions presumably this applies if you're only disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. This is more onerous than the user manual it doesn't mention keeping the doors closed or making sure everything is turned off. The battery on the Dispatch is in a footwell on the driver's side. Because of this, I need to keep the door open, how do I fool the BSI? into thinking it's closed?............Mick

moizeau
Donor 2020

Re: BSI Reset/Battery Disconnect/Reconnection

Post by moizeau »

Open the window to the fullest and lean in, did mine a couple of weeks ago.

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

or have the door open and manually drop the catch on the lock so the BSI thinks the door is closed

wheeler

Post by wheeler »

You can do it with the door open, the BSI will still shut down as long as the status of the door doesn’t change, if you close the door the BSI will wake back up.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

walbeck wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 17:29
Hi Marc just come across your instructions presumably this applies if you're only disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. This is more onerous than the user manual it doesn't mention keeping the doors closed or making sure everything is turned off. The battery on the Dispatch is in a footwell on the driver's side. Because of this, I need to keep the door open, how do I fool the BSI? into thinking it's closed?............Mick
Just flip the door latch down so the BSI thinks the door is shut. It’s not just the shutting down of the networks before the battery is disconnected, but also when the battery is reconnected. You want all the ECUs to reinitialise properly when the battery is reconnected, so having the door latch closed, the BSI will still think the doors are closed. This will allow proper time without the RCD circuit kicking in straight away that will wake up some of the other ECUs.

walbeck

Post by walbeck »

Many thanks to all I am enlightened!..........Mick