Emanualonline.com ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jml
Donor 2020

Emanualonline.com ?

Post by jml »

Has anyone used this ‘service’ ?

I tried a couple of years ago and downloading it became so complicated that I gave up. I then looked at their reviews and, although a lot of people were very happy, there were a very significant number of unhappy customers and it seems like their customer service, when something goes wrong, is appalling ! Nearly a quarter of customer give it a one star rating ! https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/emanua ... en&stars=1

I know that, if you can download it all - it can take many, many hours - it is basically Citroen service which, I suspect, has been used without Citroen’s authority. Apparently it involves a ‘Virtual Machine’ and as I’m not too computer savvy I’m pretty much out of my depth with that !

So, if lots of you have used it successfully then I may well give it a try again - especially as Citroen now seem to be charging even for access to the Parts Catalog (see my separate post).

Cheers

KennyW
Donor 2020

Re: Emanualonline.com ?

Post by KennyW »

Yes, I have an extra copy of the citroen manual which is run on a virtual machine.

You must download the vmplayer then load the disc to your laptop and click the vmplayer in the files and it will load it on to the player to be used.

I have on my laptop which has diagbox loaded on it. Handy to use.

Worth having since service citroen are charging for using their website.

Kenny

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Bear in mind the data is years old and not up to date and never will be! Citroen have no longer produced an off-line version for years, so may no be of use to everyone.

jml
Donor 2020

Post by jml »

Thanks Kenny - I'm pretty hopeless at computer stuff so I just hope I can work it out if i give it a go !

Marc - "Old and not up to date" - sounds pretty much like me !!! Mind you, as my car is now 12 years old then maybe it would still be of use to me as I don't imagine much will have changed ?

Thanks for your replies guys.

Cheers

Julian

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Parts data will be out of date Julian for sure as it won't include any replacement part numbers - but you may be ok generally speaking.

jml
Donor 2020

Post by jml »

Good point Marc, thanks.

Until the other day that wouldn’t have mattered but I see Citroen are now charging even for access to parts info on Citroen service :(

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Make your feelings clear to PSA

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

jml wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 07:31
Good point Marc, thanks.

Until the other day that wouldn’t have mattered but I see Citroen are now charging even for access to parts info on Citroen service :(
See our announcement here Julian:

viewtopic.php?t=64857

jml
Donor 2020

Post by jml »

Duly, and gladly, donated :)

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Thanks Julian, much appreciated. We are tweaking the nuts and bolts behind the scenes as we speak :)

jml
Donor 2020

Post by jml »

Hi Marc,
Happy to have donated. I would have set up a regular Direct Debit but couldn’t see how to.
Can you tell me how to for the future ?
Cheers
Julian