ECU telecoding

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hanskj
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 3.0 V6 HDI 240 2009

ECU telecoding

Post by hanskj »

Hi

Is it possible to telecode an ECU from automatic gearbox to Manuel. The ECU in question is an edc16cp39 fitted to a C5 2.2 HDI biturbo from 2007

The reason I'm asking is because I have to swab it because the old one was shorted by accident :-( I have ECU, BSI, keys, transponder etc. on eBay

Reards Hans
Citroen C5 Tourer 3.0 V6 HDI 240 2009
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: ECU telecoding

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to code in ALL the options and equipment fitted to the vehicle on the replacement BSI and as for the engine ECU - you will have to select the correct gearbox (long or short manual gearbox) and check that the injector classes are the same most probably, the diesel additive system type, ESP and other options. The best thing would be is to take a listing of all the options from your original BSI and engine ECU first before removing it!

You will also need to check the diesel additive values from the old engine ECU - specifically the amount of additive dumped into the particulate filter and transfer these figures over to the new ECU.

Basically - copy all the values for the configurable options form the BSI and engine ECUs first or you will risk functional and performance issues with the car at some point.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc