Citroen Cs3 2009 Installing a double din stereo crossbar in dashboard

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bottlebank

Citroen Cs3 2009 Installing a double din stereo crossbar in dashboard

Post by bottlebank »

I'm thinking of buying a double din gps / stereo to go in my Citroen C3 2009. Loooking at the dashboard it does have room for a double din radio if i remover the standard mp3 cd player and the tray underneath.

As you can see from the facia attached there is a horizontal plastic bar separating the stereo and the tray. Is there any reason why i shouldn't get the rotary tool out and cut that bar off? If i do will a standard double din stero fit? Has anyone tried this before?

Kind regards.
Attachments
facia.jpg

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen Cs3 2009 Installing a double din stereo crossbar in dashboard

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Be prepared to loose functionality. Your standard RD4 does provide an interface to any options that may be fitted to the vehicle - without this you will loose access to configure them. Also expect trip computer functions to go also.

bottlebank

Post by bottlebank »

Thanks Marc,

Luckily my current CS3 doesn't have anything too complicated like trip options or much to worry about nor are their any stalk controls. I have a loom to plug and play. All the options I need can be done on the new stereo.

My real question is if i use the rotary tool to remove the bar, is it a standard double din size?

I'm looking at installing a unit with a width of 178mm, height of 100mm and a depth of 153mm

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can't tell you as there was no double DIN system fitted to the C3 A51 - but you will have trip computer options that may not work any longer.

If you pop up your VIN I can see what kit you currently have and what may be lost.

Edit Just realised this is a C3 MK II not an A51, but same applies. However, there was a CD changer unit fitted as an option that I believe may have been fitted under the Head Unit in the recess where the oddments storage is:
C3 CD.PNG
C3 CD.PNG (28.78 KiB) Viewed 31 times
So although not a double DIN fitting as a whole unit, there was probably just the cage to slide in the CD Changer like the Head Unit. As this is an RD4 on a MK II you will loose the ability to switch wiping in reverse gear on or off, consult the stored faults, you will loose the multifunction display info too.

bottlebank

Post by bottlebank »

Thanks for the thorough reply so to clarify:

Size wise should be cool.
I'll lose some minor functions however the new unit I install will cover things like display etc.

All in all probably a win.

I'll update the post once I've tried it all and post a photo but many thanks for your help