XMV6 S1 Gunson diagnostics help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulxmski
My Cars:

XMV6 S1 Gunson diagnostics help please

Post by Paulxmski »

I tried to connect thtool up to the green connector this afternoon. When I put the spade in the righthand socket as per manual I got continual flashing regardless of whether it the Gunson was switched on or not. When I plugged into the left socket I got constant light on regardless. I remember now that this was the same response on the other XMV6 . When the ignition is switched on the engine management light flickers continually on both cars. Any Ideas??
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Paul -
Have you noticed if there is any sensible pattern in the flickering from lamp - something resembling a "morse code" ?
It may be the ECU fault codes read out. Short flashings are the decimal count for a corresponding decimal digit - a somewhat longer flick pause indicates next digit to come - an even longer flick pause indicates new 2-digit code to start.
Any number of fault codes could be read out - and may continue in a ring pattern - i.e. the code pattern repeats itself endless.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi Anders,
Sadly there is no code it is just a constant flashing of the led, and it flashes whether the Gbox is switched on or off. Actually the engine management light on the dash flickers the same way. This also happens on the other XM, and there is nothing apparently wrong with that. I did see the light flashing on another occasion/car doing an end of test and it was quite clearly a code which is why I am sure this is not.