Options

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steveo
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2009

Options

Post by Steveo »

Hi Marc

Please accept my apologies if this is posted in the wrong section
I have successfully re programmed the sat nav / radio to my Vin number (although I don't know how lol)
No annoying bleeping!
While browsing the screens I noticed that different options are activated and deactivated
Would it be possible for someone to see what options can be enabled on my car and what they do (some obvious and some not so)
IMG_20200124_183047.jpg
I also found on this screen deactivated options
Are these options deactivated from appearing on the display or deactivated because the aren't in use?
IMG_20200124_183129.jpg
Does anyone know of any good links for diagbox how to's
I hope I haven't broken any rules in posting photographs etc as this is not my intention
Still finding my way round

Thank you
Regards
Steve
Attachments
IMG_20200124_183129.jpg
IMG_20200124_183129.jpg
Last edited by Steveo on 24 Jan 2020, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Options

Post by Stickyfinger »

Zero rules broken....

A piece of advice, ALWAYS record what you change....fiddling about can cause secondary problems/fault codes if you activate an option and it is not fitted. Finding my way back in to the correct page is difficult a few days later :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Steve - read my advice in the link and NEVER change certain options or you will potentially brick the car!

viewtopic.php?t=60600

PSa vehicles share BSIs (the main computer brains) across lots of marques and models. Normally the appropriate options are encoded at the factory and never need changing. Certain options are mandatory for certain vehicles - to give one example a Citroen model may display certain information via a dashboard screen whereas on a particular Peugeot model it may have a retractable screen - so the BSi sends data coded to a particular ECU to intercept, decode and act on. if you were to change an option, you may loose display data altogether, or worse the dashboard could light up like a Christmas tree and malfunction.

Further some naming of some options do not have the same meaning to us - and most not be enabled in certain places. Certain options may show for example that Air conditioning is deactivated - yet you know you have A/C - this does not mean it is wrong - it means the option is set correctly for the subsystem or for this model.

So as per your screenshots, do not change any of these options - they will be correct for your Marque, model and Head Unit.

There is generally nothing for you to change unless a different Head Unit has been added, or a function or feature has been removed. This is a dealer level tool, so you must respect it. Remember, there is NO undo button....... :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Steveo
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2009

Post by Steveo »

Morning Gentlemen
Thank you for the advice
Much appreciated!
Regards
Steve