DS5 Style problems

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zipdip

DS5 Style problems

Post by zipdip »

Hi all well my DS5 has developed a vibration which comes up the steering wheel from the front right brake,new discs and pads seemed to have cured it but no it;s back strangely when driving from cold no problem but after a few miles its back,now the brakes work ,my gut feeling is it is the caliper,will hand the car over to my mechanic next week I will let you know what happens.
I also have a problem with the revercing camera,ok in the daylight but at night it is like looking through a fog,have narrowed that down to the infrared lights around the camera not working hope it is a simple fix my man will look at that as well as the caliper. 8-[
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DS5 Style problems

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As far as the camera goes - this is a well-known issue - there was a technical service bulletin about these - the solution was a replacement to an upgraded camera. Citroen Replacement part number: 9812729280 £207.67 inc. VAT. This would of been replaced under warranty - so depends on the year of your DS5 and whether you have extended Citroen warranty or not.

Your mechanic will no doubt be checking the vibration - but also re-check your wheel balancing as that can cause vibration on one side if out. All it takes is a stick on weight (on alloys) to fall off.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
zipdip

Post by zipdip »

Thanks Marc yes I think I will replace the two front tyres they are near their limit and so get the front wheels balanced,I hope the mechanic can solve the problem,it is spoiling the enjoyment of the car.
Seems a bit drastic to uprate the revercing camera,in daylight it is fine,to check it I put my hand very near it in daylight and you get the foggy picture so it is the infared lightsaround the camera not working,still I will see what the man says,the most important thing to cure is the vibration on braking.
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes the fault was specifically to do with the camera vision at night and that was why they changed the model.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc