LDS Oil Leak From Rear Pipes C5 X7

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sword1st

LDS Oil Leak From Rear Pipes C5 X7

Post by sword1st »

Hey. I have 2011 2.0 HDI C5 X7. My car leaking soo many lds oil from back pipes.

Number 3 and 4 in this image. Unfortunatelly i'm living in Turkey and authorized citroen service couldn't bring it to me for 2 months. I can't drive the car because i should add LDS constantly. The sound of lds pump changed too so i'm not touching it anymore :( Is there any way to fix it without original spare part ? Maybe someone in here will have experience for this kind of problem. Ah and i couldn't find any customer email adress for psa france is there any adress because i want to speak with them about this spare part problem.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: LDS Oil Leak From Rear Pipes C5 X7

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is a delay everywhere for these parts - I had a rear suspension pipe (1) I think, and that had to be ordered in from France - so took a week to get here. It's just one of those things - they don't keep quantities of spares like this now, so it won't do much good.
sword1st

Post by sword1st »

I wish my part arrived to me in a week too. They told me 20 business days but 2 months way more than this. I will speak with another service too it looks like only solution for now. Thanks!
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I had one repaired at a local hydraulics place.
The leak was at the ferule where the flexi joined the rigid pipe closest to the strut.
They basically replaced both ferules with a swaged joint and made up the difference with a slightly longer flexi.
I used the pipe with no issues for a few weeks then I got lucky and found a new pipe at the right price.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

The offside one (5270VF) is in stock here...

https://www.eurocarcare.net/lds-hydraul ... -rear.html

I've used this company before and had no problems.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Mine was due to the bend in the pipe that was poorly made - the pipe was weakened during manufacturing and so wore through on the bend.

Eurocarcare are a good company - but they don't have the correct side in stock...