BX 4x4 Available - FOC? Urgent!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David W
My Cars:

BX 4x4 Available - FOC? Urgent!

Post by David W »

I have been contacted by a guy with a BX 4x4 that needs to go very urgently or it may be scrapped. It is in the Reading/Oxford area. I think it is the GTi hatch model and the engine was removed a while ago. Apart from that it is complete and the 4x4 transmission was OK when last used.
It is already on a trailer so it may be possible to borrow this to take it locally or the owner might deliver within a reasonable distance if reimbursed.
I have less than 24hrs to find someone who can take this car. Hence the reason for putting it in this forum (not the For Sale one) for maximum exposure...hope that's OK on this occasion mods!
I'll look in later or you can mail me through the Profile page.
David
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Oh well thanks to the 45+ folks who viewed this.
So often a combination of rock bottom used values, scrap charges, SORN complications, time/space shortage or wrong location makes it really hard to quickly place a car that is otherwise well worth saving.
David
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Anyone with spare room for a while - for a later donation ?
Really think it's a shame if DJW can't find a home for such a genuine rarity. Would not be a big problem sourcing an engine - the same engine type was used in Peugeots and other french.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Sadly the time I promised to phone the guy is almost up so it will have to go the way of most old vehicles.
Wonder if the breaker will crush it or know that a working BX 4x4 gearbox is actually damn hard to find if you need one.
David