Heater again sorry!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

delboy

Heater again sorry!

Post by delboy »

Sorry I know this has been covered a few time Folks.But the heater on my 405 is Pants.I have changed the thermostat and bled the system (One bleed valve)I have boiling hot water to the matrix and much cooler on the outlet side.This leads me to think trapped air or semi blocked matrix. I have taken the 2 pipes to the matrix off and blown mains pressure cool water through the matrix.The thing is the hot air comes and goes. I still wouldn't say it hoot at best but better at times.I was thinking of fitting some kind of homemade bleed valve in the pipe from the matrix return to the bootom of the block.
Any ideas please.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Exactly the same problem and thoughts as you...
Perhaps something in the flap control mechanisms ?
delboy

Post by delboy »

Yes I cant work out the vent system as the middle dash vents seams to blow hard even when the fan is switch off.(while moving)
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

The air coming out of the vents is forced air by the movement of the car. Some older cars had the facility to have warm air to your feet / windscreen, and cool air through the face level vents.
I get luke warm to the windscreen ( when warm selected ), cold to the feet ( when warm selected ), and slightly warmer to the face ( when selected ).
On external, I get a warm rush for around 30 seconds, then cool air, on recirculate it's a little better, as it's recirculating internal warmer air all the time ( but it obviously mists up ).
I've flushed the matrix, that's getting good throughput now, and the matrix hoses are warm, although not hot, so I suspect I also have an airlock somewhere, it's a bugger to bleed compared to the Xantia !
My temperature needle never gets above 80c, although the thermostat was replaced recently ( the old one was definitely shot ! ).
delboy

Post by delboy »

If I get a moment at the weekend (Mothers Day) I'll nip to the breakers and try and find a short length of hose from a Renault/Peugeot with a small bleed valve in it.I thought I might graft it in the return hose from the matrix to the water pump with some copper 15mm central heating pipe.