206 Gti 180 performance upgrades

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Aavi

206 Gti 180 performance upgrades

Post by Aavi »

Hello guys
I am from South Africa and drive a 2006 Peugeot 206 GTI 180.
The motor is basically stock with only the instllation of a CIA and catalytic converter removal. I am yet to do a proper connection for the CIA to the back-up air pump.
My question is, what other mods can i do for a good power gain. I want to keep the naturally aspirated. My goal is 200bhp.

Regards
Aavi

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Re: 206 Gti 180 performance upgrades

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. I am not going to be able to offer you any advise, as I have no experience of Peugeots.

Aavi

Post by Aavi »

Hi James
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Regards
Aavi

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Hi Aavi, I have had several Citroen C4 VTS 180s which are the same engine as your Pug & I believe there are not many mods that make a big difference. The main one that springs to mind is a K&N Typhoon induction kit. I have read that a Cat delete makes next to no difference as the OEM one is very free flowing. I have tried several custom exhausts and none sound any better or perform better than the OEM. The same thing with the manifolds, both exhaust & inlet are pretty good as stock so you'll only make marginal gains.
It might be worth having a search on C4owners.org as in the past there were several members who enjoyed modifying their cars

Aavi

Post by Aavi »

Hi Concern
Thank you for your input

Yes, the motor is shared with the VTS. We don't get the Typhoon in SA but I have seen many posts with this recommendation.
I also agree that most of the work on this motor has been already been carried out from the factory.
I will browse at C4 owners sometime.

Thanks once again

Regards
Aavi

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Aavi wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 19:46
Hi Concern
Thank you for your input

Yes, the motor is shared with the VTS. We don't get the Typhoon in SA but I have seen many posts with this recommendation.
I also agree that most of the work on this motor has been already been carried out from the factory.
I will browse at C4 owners sometime.

Thanks once again

Regards
Aavi
Don't be so formal, call me Fake!
Sorry if I sounded negative, I actually love the VTS and the ew10j4s engine. My old VTS now belongs to my daughter and today I changed the oil on it and while out warming it up I loved the sound and free revving nature of it!
Can you not order stuff from ebay in the UK or other countries to be delivered to SA? Maybe you have a friend in the UK who could get one and post it on to you? Or how handy are you at making things or do you have a friend who could do this for you? Here on a thread from C4Owners you must read... http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum ... post_39912

Aavi

Post by Aavi »

OK Fake :)
You didn't sound negative. I also like the free revving nature of the motor both stationery and on the road. I am having a problem with the clutch and mountings but here again I have read that it is a common problem. Would you suggest LUK or Valeo brand of clutch?

Yes I can import the part from overseas but the weight of product will drastically affect courier and custom duties.

About me been handy... Somethings are best left with experts😉

Thanks for the link.

By the way, what do you drive now?

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

Here's the VTS launch
What i drive now is a Volvo C30 T5 (not my video...)

Aavi

Post by Aavi »

Thanks for sharing the links.
I am fond of the T5 motor. Here is SA the Ford ST Focus has the same motor. The guys install minor modifications just for that beasty growl from 5 cylinder turbo. The tone is out of this world crazy.

Fake Concern

Post by Fake Concern »

I'm not having a pops & bangs map on m y T5 like the Focus ST boys do haha!

As regards the 206, how about this? Turbocharger? Yes please!

https://www.dp-engineering.nl/projects/ ... bo-gt3076r