C5 3 litre HDI 2010 misfire

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dflflack
New User
My Cars: Citroen C5 3.0 litre HDI 2010

C5 3 litre HDI 2010 misfire

Post by dflflack »

I have had this vehicle from one year old having purchased it from a Citroen dealer. It developed an occasional misfire when on low throttle and when the outside temperature was above 18C. I have had countless diagnostics, an EGR valve replaced (it was not the problem) and the issue was not resolved. Currently, the vehicle is in the garage, they replaced the air doser and may or may not have cured the problem. However, when I went to pick the car up a vibration/judder came from the engine after a few meters. I returned the car and a technician drove it and did not experience the problem, he parked it on the Grage forecourt but it would not start again. Hopefully, they are fixing that problem now. My question is has anyone else experienced this misfire/ faltering and also the ECU readout lists a Clutch but the car is a six-speed Tiptronic auto, manual gearboxes were never fitted to the engine, is this correct?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 3 litre HDI 2010 misfire

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That is correct only the AM6 6-Speed auto adaptive gearbox (not called Tiptronic) was used on the 3.0 HDi.

Where is it now? With a Citroen dealer or independent garage? I'm not sure what reading or fault code you are referring to ( a code would help) as I can't see any 'clutch' reference to an AM6 unless it is describing a possible fault that may be symptomatic of the clutch packs in transmission.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc