DS5 seatbelt stuck

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lynnzer

DS5 seatbelt stuck

Post by Lynnzer »

Got a DS5 2012 series. I put the back seats flat to give me some room to take cases etc and now the larger of the two of them won't go back up. I found the problem is that the centre seat belt is stuck, ie the ratchet is engaged as in sticking, so it hasn't enough slack in the belt to lift the seat up again.

I tried numerous times to free the ratchet by tapping the rear housing or at least the back of the seat where the seatbelt mechanism is welded to but nothing....
Still sticking.
My son is a bodywork mechanic and he has had a few attempts with no success. It seems that the seat will need taking out and hopefully be able to be worked on that way but we really don't know.

Any ideas guys?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: DS5 seatbelt stuck

Post by RichardW »

This used to happen on Xantias - the solution is strip off the back of the seat in situ so you can get to the reel. No idea how easy or otherwise that is on a DS5 however! The only other thing I can think of is find a steep road, and stop on it and see if that releases it - you can try nose down, nose up, and possible across it if you can get away with it!
Richard W
Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer »

My son was taking the seat out to gain access to the reel but we got stuck for want of a socket spanner. Left it overnight then I had the answer. Just take out the bottom seatbelt anchor bolt. There was just sufficient room to do this. The seat just popped upright and the belt freed itself. So no big deal in the end.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well done, and thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!