A pair of very tatty Xantias

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evilclive

A pair of very tatty Xantias

Post by evilclive »

I probably ought to admit to myself that I'm not going to do anything with these. Two blue HDi estates.

The more recent one is an SX, with the 110hp engine and I think 170K miles. It got retired a couple of years ago when a brake hose blew. Since then the starter motor has failed too (discovered when wanting to move it temporarily). Otherwise it was the best car I've had - I liked it, and was quite tempted to spend money getting the pipes done. But obviously the time off the road will not necessarily have been kind to it.

The older is an LX, 90hp, 220K miles I think. That one went when the brake shield at the back fell off taking the rear brake pipe with it. There were other problems with it which made me decide getting another was a good idea. It's been off the road at least 6 years.

(I got another, it was OK but still niggly, but then the SX came up on an idle ebay browse so I replaced that and sold the middle one).

Obviously these are both low model estates, so not especially exciting so I'm not going to expect anybody to be keen enough to make one a project car. But if anybody is foolish enough to want them, you can come and take them away. Ideally both...

They're in the Yorkshire Dales.