406 2.1 TD BOSCH VE OVER REV DESPERATE

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NAMUR22

406 2.1 TD BOSCH VE OVER REV DESPERATE

Post by NAMUR22 »

Hello Can anyone please help i just fitted a bosch ve pump to replace lucas and it all works but revs go instantly sky high the pump came of a xm that was running with head gasket failure but stood with diesel in pump for about 10 years ( not dry ) , i have not connected everything just throttle i just wanted to get car running for m.o.t , ive literally only connected throttle because i stripped this off 2 years ago and should of taken pictures so it could be to do with something not connected , throttle idle screw has been turned down , i live in the sticks i need car Mums in hospital etc etc , Many Thanks

moizeau
donor 2020

Re: 406 2.1 TD BOSCH VE OVER REV DESPERATE

Post by moizeau »

Are you using the Bosch injectors that were with the pump? I'm no expert on conversions but I have read that it's necessary.

moizeau
donor 2020

Post by moizeau »

What was wrong with the Epic? Unstable idle, leaks or cables, or possibly all 3. Still a great pump and there is a lot of info on here including a complete rebuild.

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

On the Bosch automotive website, you'll find an excellent descriptive and technical document on the VE-series pumps, explaining how they work, set-up, tuning, injectors, etc.
If you can't locate it, I have a PDF of it.