How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There you may have issues, because the operating system is not Windows-based. As soon as you mount or insert the card, Windows will bung a load of hidden system files onto the card immediately. The files you want are in one of the partitions used for the configuration and data, which is why Mirascripts is generally used to do it because it can do all this without all the hassle.

Have a look at an earlier post:

viewtopic.php?p=753865#p753865

The card must have the windows files removed before reinserting it into the head unit otherwise I suspect it may cause further issues, but he managed to extract the concerned folder as a backup - but still used Mirascripts to copy the files back from what I can see.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Offshore01

Post by Offshore01 »

Hi there!

May I say how useful and helpful this forum and Audio topic have been. We have just had what appears to be a total failure of the RT6 Head unit on our 3008 (2016, Allure HDI, 1.6). My wife says that the sat nav screen is blank and that the headsup, all sensors, sat nav and reverse cams do not function. Reading the topic here gave me a lot of info. So I would like to see what can be done.

I would first like to post my VIN to be sure I have the relevant RT6 uint. Then, if confirmed, I was tempted to follow either SD Card replace process OR simply order the firmware CD and follow that process.

VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

Thanks again for your help,

Offshore01
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, you do have the RT6 unit.

Have a read of the upgrade procedure here separately to the replacement guide, as this contains important information concerning what to expect during the update.

I suspect that you'll now have issues recovering your User configuration files from the existing MicroSD card if you don't have any data on the screen, as you won't be able to see to respond to the questions.

Be aware that if the MicroSD card has failed and you insert the firmware CD, it may well get stuck in a loop condition as it fails to be able to install the operating system onto the card.

So at this point you probably have little to loose apart from the vehicle configuration settings if it does reset back to defaults. So you may require a dealer visit if this happens to have it reconfigured.

Marc
Offshore01

Post by Offshore01 »

Hi Give me a break,

Thanks for the very quick reply!

Is the upgrade procedure you refer to the "SD Card" Upgrade? I will indeed have a look at it.

I was expecting that if I gained anything I would have issues with my user config files, but as it is I have nothing at all. I guess these could be reconfigured at the dealers if it comes back to life.

Yes aware of the risk of the stick CD / Loop. As you say, I have very little to loose in the current predicament.

Thanks again, I will not be able to tackle this for a week or so as I am working away. I will order the CD in the meantime and post again when i have an update,
All the best
O
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Marc
DeeDee
New User

Post by DeeDee »

I'm having the same issue on my 308, but this sounds too complicated for me to even try and fix it myself! a trip to Peugeot i think is in order for me as I don't have the original C.D. I dread to think how much they gonna charge!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Don't bother is my advice - Peugeot won't repair of fix these - they will only send them off and there is a standard charge of about £400 min for repair. So save yourself diagnostic charge time of £120.

Marc
Cactooz

Post by Cactooz »

Good afternoon!

I have an issue with my RT6 radio in Citroen C4 II ( 2012).

Radio has went absolutely black,all the sensors turned off. I've tried multiple software(from 2.21 to 2.86) on my USB formatted to FAT32 and System Volume Information removed through Ubuntu on virtual machine. As far as I got is always CRC Error on Media no matter what software I've used. Could somebody help me out with an iso file to that system. That would be highly appreciated!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) Are you saying have you replaced the MicroSD card?
2) Has the screen gone blank and loss of functionality on its own?

If you haven't replaced the internal MicroSD card and the system has gone blank, then you've likely got a bad Internal card that needs replacing, and trying to update the firmware now is likely going to make things worse if the internal card is end of service life.

Marc
Cactooz

Post by Cactooz »

So long story short.

I've replaced a card to 32GB tried to install the software same thing ( CRC ERROR ON MEDIA). Checked the old SD card for bad sectors etc everything was fine so I've put it back. That what was in CD file ( VER:7601) Equals 2.21 version had three or four different installation packages ( I guess) all from different sources and no help at all.

Every time I've tried to install through USB

Edit:

2. Yes.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Have a thorough read of this thread as it explains some errors and behaviour whilst upgrading:

viewtopic.php?t=75448

Marc
Cactooz

Post by Cactooz »

Done everything like in this tutorial with 2.86B on USB stick and no success.

CRC Media Checking...
CRC ERROR ON MEDIA...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I just rechecked your post and you've used a 32 Gb card for the internal storage! That's far too big and you can't just replace it with what you want. The standard card size was 8Gb, but the recommended replacement size is only 16 Gb, Anything over that and the system is likely to reject it. The firmware creates partitions of certain sizes, but if the card is too big it may just not work at all. That's a reason why some Dash Cams are limited to certain sizes of SD Card - anything bigger and they won't work.

Other possibilities to try after you have addressed the point above:
1) The USB may be failing which is another common issue often resolved with using a newly formatted (FAT32) USB device.
2) The source media files are corrupt.

Marc
Cactooz

Post by Cactooz »

Installing has finally succeded after formatting pendrive through Linux using Gparted.

Now I hear constant beeping in speakers. What shall I do?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Formatting SD cards in Windows leaves hidden system volume information files on a USB not compatible with reinstalling the OS on the Head Unit and must be removed by unhiding them and deleting them before Windows writes them back - or using Linux as you have done.

The beeps most likely mean your unit has lost it's configuration settings. You haven't explained if this is a replacement Head Unit or your own - if the VIN code in the unit does not match the vehicle it will constantly beep.

Normally the configuration data from Mirascripts would backup your configuration data and can then be used to restore it after the OS has been reinstalled.
I would check that you have other functionality like parking assistance, and especially in the SETUP menu to see if you still have access to menu options to change language etc. If there are other menus missing or if other options are not there or not working this may be why.

Marc