Esp/handbrake fault

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gt1976
My Cars: C4 grand picasso

Esp/handbrake fault

Post by Gt1976 »

Hi my car has developed a fault (c4 grand picasso 09 reg) there was a fault with the clutch control switch its the switch thats located on top of the clutch pedal this has been replaced but now its showing different codes
U13a1
U1208
P1711
There is another switch thats connected to the clutch pedal that has a small metal rod attached to it does anyone know what that switch is for also in diagbox its showing the pedal as pushed and released when you push it but in another section it shows clutch pedal position at 245% and this never moves i have had this part go before and previous time i replaced it upon checking with diagbox it moved from0-100% as the clutch was pushed could it be that the other switch is for the pedal position and i have disturbed it as i replaced the other switch any advice would me much appreciated
The rod attaches to the left side of the clutch pedal theres a white piece of plastic it sits in and as you push the pedal it goes in and out does anyone know if this is ment to sit above the pedal or below