Citroen C8 windows control issue?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

manafas
My Cars: Citroen C8 2.0 SX HDI

Citroen C8 windows control issue?

Post by manafas »

Hello
Our beloved C8 has had an issue with the driver window since we bought it a few weeks ago:
Upon closing the window, one can hear there is still force being applied after the window is completely shut.
I was told this could be corrected by doing the window down completely and holding the control button for 3 seconds and then do it again on the way up.
This hasn't worked at all.
Yesterday, another issue:
The passenger side windows (both front and back) cannot be controlled from the driver's controller anymore. They do work from their own controls.
Could this issue also be related with the first issue I described?
If so, what would be the part needing repair/substituting? Is the controller where the buttons are?
I would like to thank you in advance for any help and advice.
I have placed 3 queries on this forum so far and the answers have been incredibly useful.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen C8 windows control issue?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It will likely be one of 2 things - either the driver's door control panel (the unit that contains all the window switches) - use a trim tool to lever out the lugs at the sides and gently lift it out. Check the wiring connections and it might also be worth cleaning the circuit board with some electrical cleaner. Also check the wiring that goes from the engine bay into the driver's door where the door is hinged. There will be a rubber protector that should just come out - often one or more wires can become worn via opening and closing the doors over the years and can break a wire or cause it to short or become intermittent.

If you can't see any faults there, then run a diagnostic on it using a Lexia - you will be able to run some actuator tests to see if it is detecting the button presses or lifts.

If you don't have that, then may be simpler to replace the window control module. The part is 6554RY. £200.96 inc. VAT from Citroen. This particular one is hard to get second hand, so check the other things first.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
manafas
My Cars: Citroen C8 2.0 SX HDI

Re: Citroen C8 windows control issue?

Post by manafas »

Marc you are my Citroen Super Hero.
Thank you so much.