ZX TD on Ebay.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

ZX TD on Ebay.....

Post by Jon »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=18174
Bit of an odd one, listing says its an Advantage, but pictures show Volcane seats, steering wheel, wheels, and possibly bumpers too. Seller advices that the gearbox is cracked, thats a new one on me, never heard of that before on a ZX TD apart from impact damage.
Unfortunately the pictures are not quite clear enough to see where its cracked, I was trying to work out how.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

yeah, certainly a volcane there!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Yep, Volcane for sure.. And I should know!! I've been trying to disguise my Avantage as a Volcane for ages now. lmho... But I still need-- the side rubbing strips and bumpers, the bit that the fog lamps fit in? (goes under the bumper, dunno what its called) and the rear lower bit that the exuast sticks through.. I wont change the badge though, just so people look and scratch their heads.. [:o)]
Cracking a gear box is a good trick? like you say Jon, be interesting to know how they did it?? dropped it while doing an engine change maybe? [:I]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

It looks to me as if the bell-housing is loose, maybe lost its bolts after a cheapo clutch job and has moved away from the motor, thereby jamming the starter and preventing it's starting.........could be a good bargain for someone close enough to check it in the flesh.
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Damn wish I had some way to get it back-I'm after a Volcane interior now, and the other spares'd be handy, either that or fix it and sell for a profit.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Re the side rubbing strips, is the coloured stripe on them a plastic insert, (thats what I thought it was) or is it just painted on??
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

It's an odd one isn't it. If the gearbox really is all that is wrong a s/hand replacement would be this guys best bet if the car is as good as he says.
A "cable" from the radiator got loose and the water drained out?? Because a crack opened up in the gearbox?? This is one car that needs looking at, not bidding blind.
Also no log book?? They are now a bit harder to get hold of so it would put off anyone who wanted to get it back on the road. Breaking it for spares with a full MOT though seems daft.
David