A strange thing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

A strange thing

Post by Gibbo2286 »

happened to me on the way to lunch yesterday, :?

I set off and in the middle of a narrow double bend at the bottom of a steep hill the damned car stalled, started up but wouldn't rev, just ticked over, I managed to reverse it into a gateway and sat there for about ten minutes with it ticking over and trying to get it to rev, suddenly it all came back to life and I went on to my dinner appointment, a thirty mile round trip with no other problem.

Confidence is a bit dented now.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Re: A strange thing

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 10:11 happened to me on the way to lunch yesterday, :?

I set off and in the middle of a narrow double bend at the bottom of a steep hill the damned car stalled, started up but wouldn't rev, just ticked over, I managed to reverse it into a gateway and sat there for about ten minutes with it ticking over and trying to get it to rev, suddenly it all came back to life and I went on to my dinner appointment, a thirty mile round trip with no other problem.

Confidence is a bit dented now.

No first hand knowledge from me Gibbo but the last post on this thread talking about the fuel pressure sensor reads

"Also, most hdi's have got a modified 6" extra piece of loom fitted that can cause problems, so when you unplug the rail sensor connector, follow it down another 6" and you will likely find another plug and socket that you need to check, i have had to cut the extra connector out on my old car and solder it together because of a dodgey joint there"

"Dodgy connection" could well be one of those causing the "kaput one moment/perfectly ok the next" scenarios.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I ran the snooper over the car yesterday to see if anything had popped up since the Sunday episode, the only thing different to previous scan is that I now have the U2005 fault listed.

Car's going fine, no more frighteners since.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's to do with the RCD Wake up Gibbo. Remote controlled ECU wake-up: Plausibility between main wake-up and speed. Sounds like an ECU should of woken up but hasn't based on the vehicle speed - or the opposite - has woken up but shouldn't have.

Try the reset:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61997
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc