washer bottle problem (zx)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goose
My Cars:

washer bottle problem (zx)

Post by goose »

ive been preping my 16 valver for a full respray. one of the tasks was to take the ft wing off to straighten it. to do that i had to remove the washer bottle. ive now got to take the car for mot and need the bottle put back in problem is i have the pipes just not the electrical wires does anyone know where they come from so i could try and find them or will i be able to run new wires from a local point??
much appreciated
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Silly question. Didn't you look when you took off the wing? personally I'd go for a new supply if I was unable to locate the wireing.
goose
My Cars:

Post by goose »

well i did look but the plug was corroded and seperated from the wires wen i took it off. with the travelling and useage of the car the bare wires must have dissapeered.
if i run new wires wheres the nearest point of tracing them??
if i wire them up to a sepertate switch and that wont i need relays and the like??
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I'd still go for tying to trace back to the wiper stalk. But saying that I wouldn't have thought you'd need a relay. the current is next to nothing and it's only used now and then. By tracing the old wires you will have to cut the old ones off to avoid an earthing or shorting problem, but it would look better in the car not to have an extra switch in the or on the dash.