C5 X7 rear drops and recovers suddenly

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

giochel

C5 X7 rear drops and recovers suddenly

Post by giochel »

Hi,
My problem is most similar to the one here: http://c6owners.org/plugins/forum/forum ... hp?2638.30

It is clear the rear suspension does not work correctly any more:
1. generally lags by minutes, rising the front will take under a minute, the back may take three times as long
2. it may not move at all for minutes, then suddenly go to the correct height with a noise like a whiff
3. sometimes, while driving, it drops slowly (possibly to the lowest position which is undriveable: the only compliance comes from tyres, makes awful noises) and a „suspension faulty” message may appear; if this message appears I have to lock the car and leave it a couple of minutes (maximum was 10), and it will recover with the „whiff” sound.

Questions:
1. Can it get stuck and never rise again? I'd continue to drive the car long distance for about a week until I get to fix it, hoping that if it drops I can just stop 10 minutes to wait for it to go back.
2. Is there basic maintenance I can do to mend it? On the other forum, one of the cars dropped suddenly, which sounds very unsafe at any higher speed.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 X7 rear drops and recovers suddenly

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's most likely your rear hydraulic block that has a problem, necessitating a replacement - unless you can follow the DIY repair suggested on the C6 Owners Forum.