Hi guys, I observed a "strange" battery voltage increase during driving, when I released the gas pedal. The voltage went within 1 or 2 seconds to 14.8 Volts. When idling or cruising, the voltage is around 12,6 Volts.
1. The voltage of 12.6 seems quite low to me. Normal alternators are charging the battery to 14.1 V or even more, based on the temperature.
2. The voltage increase is a clear sign of energy recuperation. This is nice I heard of C5s years ago, that they missuse the generator (or the starter?) to help the combustion engine when accelerating from 0. Is it true, is there anything known about that?
This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Messages: 3 • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 21 May 2003, 16:37
- x 4
- Posts: 479
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 16:51
- x 27
That´s normal for HDi240, alternator "works" mostly when deccelerating, this is for saving fuel.
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 18 Dec 2014, 18:36
- x 5
My 2011 C5 x7 with the 163hp engine does the same.