Coolant bubbling over, car warning to STOP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Maidinbritain

Coolant bubbling over, car warning to STOP

Post by Maidinbritain »

We had our Citroen Grand Picasso fully serviced by our local Citroen Garage. They did something to the heater. Since getting back it has developed this major problem where the coolant bubbles over, lasts only a day before needing topping up. After a very short journey, the car will indicate to STOP and the engine makes a horrific noise which I am guessing is the fan. Also accompanied by an awful burning smell. The car ran so smoothly before the service so what on earth has the garage done??? :shock: :cry:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Coolant bubbling over, car warning to STOP

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I suggest whatever it is you take it back - now!

It may not have been bled properly or worse but the stop message is a warning something is seriously not right.
Maidinbritain

Post by Maidinbritain »

Thanks Marc, this is exactly what I said to my husband. It's going back on Monday. I'll update with the outcome.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, just advise them of the problem and that it happened after the repair. You don't pay dealer prices and expect this sort of thing to happen! If there is an air lock in the system it can stop the water circulating leading to overheating, so be very gentle on the journey back.
white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

Have a look at the invoice, too, and see what parts/consumables etc were involved in the service.