Citroen synergie Your opinion matters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

antoniod

Citroen synergie Your opinion matters

Post by antoniod »

Morning All,

i have just bought another Citroen synergie the vehicle is a 2001 2.0 hdi in impeccable condition inside and out it really has been looked after.
my dilemma is do i keep by 2002 with 114000 on it which is a little tatty or run the 2001 with 205000 on it.
my question to you experts is are these engines really good for 300 + miles if they have been looked after?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen synergie Your opinion matters

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think that is a question we can't answer - how long is a piece of string? We don't know the history of the vehicle or how it has been maintained, but it has done nearly double the mileage of your existing one - so you need to factor that in.

There were 2 versions of the 2.0 HDi engine, but in either case a proven and reliable engine and fitted to a range of early vehicles of that era. If space is not an issue, and given that the scarcity of parts will only become a bigger issue, I would seriously consider keeping it as a donor car if you intend keeping your Synergie. Many parts are no longer available from the dealer - and almost non existent from breakers given the age. So I think it could mean the difference between scrapping or keeping your existing Synergie should anything happen where you can't source parts any longer.

A personal decision for sure. :)
Stewart(oily)

Re: Citroen synergie Your opinion matters

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I have serviced a number of vehicles with the 2.0 HDI motor in them recently, they all sound the same from 40,000 to 200,000, a nearby taxi company parted with a couple of 406s recently, with 600,000 and 650,000, they are both still driving around, My Xantia has 152.000 and has never been better, keep the one you like.