C4 Picasso front suspension coil spring - video

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rosanbo
My Cars: CITROEN C4 PICASSO EXCLUSIVE E-HDI 115 AIRDREAM (2013 MK2) (DV6C engine)

C4 Picasso front suspension coil spring - video

Post by Rosanbo »

I found this and it's a good video on replacing coil springs C4 Picasso Mk1 - I guess similar to the Mk2 ?

Richard,
I was looking to find out how the air duct comes out...The air duct on Mk2 Picasso from the top of the radiator to the rear of the engine a plastic 3 inch diameter air duct. in the thumbnail of this video (or runtime 3:00) you can see it bottom left next to the battery. That is the air duct on the top, I am on about the air duct directly underneath that one, It looks like a push fit but I have tried pulling on it and it does not come out...

Also, for everyone, a confusion in the video at
3:35 he seems to undo the top strut nut anticlockwise
6:08 he is torquing it anticlockwise ?

Last edited by Rosanbo on 16 May 2019, 16:12, edited 4 times in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C4 Picasso front suspension coil spring - video

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Crikey, what a faff - apart from the normal hub routine, dismantling half the engine bay trim , wipers off, brake fluid res off, bulkhead trim off - just to get to the bolt for the strut! That's the trouble with these - all so compact and crammed in that doing anything is a nightmare it seems.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rosanbo
My Cars: CITROEN C4 PICASSO EXCLUSIVE E-HDI 115 AIRDREAM (2013 MK2) (DV6C engine)

Post by Rosanbo »

My thoughts exactly. Dreading the day I might have to consider this. At this time they are OK on my car, I might have to be more careful with potholes and speed bumps from now on.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

It's not so hard to get the scuttle and wipers off really, and it does open up the top of the engine! I had to take the wiper motors out as well to get enough room to get an allen key in the top of the strut, and the spanner off when I did the springs on our Mk1.

What engine have you got in your Mk2 ? I've not investigated ours, but it's a Blue HDi - my 3008 has the DV6C engine, the pipe comes out by rotating it.
Richard W
Rosanbo

Post by Rosanbo »

I have a DV6C engine -from my engine oil thread- I'll try rotating it now...

That worked.. anticlockwise twist about 20 - 30 degrees and then pull.

Thank you.
Rosanbo

Post by Rosanbo »

Richard are there any other car makes/models that use the DV6C engine layout as we find in the C4 Picasso ? Thinking I could buy a haynes manual if another car has the same engine... Ideally I mean the exact same layout or very similar. EDIT: Ah you said above your 3008 has the DV6C. Is there a Haynes for that, what year is it?

And maybe the other manufacturers have a different sump with a better design for draining the all the oil out...and it will be interchangeable with the Citroen DV6C sump.